Dr Raj Reddy, Head of the Department of Neurosurgery, Prince of Wales Hospital, Randwick, Sydney.
Dr Reddy is a Senior Consultant Neurosurgeon who manages brain and spinal conditions in adults and children. His neurosurgical subspecialties include the following.
- intracranial tumours
- craniofacial operations
- brain trauma
- complex reconstruction
- spinal tumours
- degenerative spinal conditions
- spinal trauma
- minimally invasive techniques
Dr Reddy holds appointments at the following public and private hospitals in Sydney, Australia.
- Prince of Wales Hospital (Public), Randwick
- Prince of Wales Private Hospital, Randwick
- Sydney Children’s Hospital (Public), Randwick
- St Vincent’s Private Hospital, Darlinghurst
Dr Reddy trains postgraduate neurosurgical residents and registrars through his appointments at the Prince of Wales Hospital and Sydney Children’s Hospital Randwick. He teaches undergraduate medical students and supervises independent research projects as Conjoint Lecturer at the University of New South Wales’ School of Women’s and Children’s Health.
Dr Reddy graduated in 1999 with a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) from the University of Sydney. Then he completed neurosurgical training in major teaching hospitals across NSW.
During his neurosurgical training, he attained a Master of Surgery (MS) from the University of New South Wales for co-research into the radiosurgical treatment of cerebral arteriovenous malformations.
He was admitted as a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) in 2009.
After a locum neurosurgery appointment at the Prince of Wales Hospital in 2010, he completed two fellowships in Toronto, Canada. The first fellowship was in complex spine surgery at Toronto Western Hospital, a University of Toronto affiliate. The second fellowship was in paediatric neurosurgery at The Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, a world-leading paediatric centre. As a fellow, he also taught trainees and conducted clinical research.
Dr Reddy is a member of several medical associations, including:
- Australian Medical Association
- Neurosurgical Society of Australasia
- Spine Society of Australasia
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- International Society of Paediatric Neurosurgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
Dr Reddy is registered as a medical practitioner with AHPRA, the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency. His registration number is MED0001184054.